Sam Houston Auto Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX2K12 nation wide event coming March 15th - 18th 2012

3 posters

Go down

TX2K12  nation wide event    coming March 15th - 18th 2012 Empty TX2K12 nation wide event coming March 15th - 18th 2012

Post by Tikiman12 Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Anybody planning on attending this year? I have watched the videos for years and would love to attend and see all the crazy fast cars.

Dates: March 15-18, 2012

Official Hotel Information

The official TX2K12 hotel is Omni Houston Hotel Westside (same hotel as the last 3 years). It took a lot of work to get them to accept us back, but they were agreeable at the end of the day. The hotel is located approximately 25 minutes from Lonestar Motorsports Park and very close to the night meet location. It's off I-10 and is very accessible from the interstate.

Rates - SAME as last year
Wednesday night March 14: $119
Thursday night March 15: $119
Friday night March 16: $99
Saturday night March 17: $99
Sunday night March 18: $99

Reservation Phone Number
1-800-THE-OMNI (1-800-843-6664) for reservations

YOU MUST BOOK YOUR ROOM BY MARCH 5TH OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE DISCOUNTED RATE LISTED ABOVE. THEIR NORMAL RATE IS $289/NIGHT!!!!! www.6speedonline.com/get/forums/images/smilies/redface.gif" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://images-2.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.6speedonline.com/get/forums/images/smilies/redface.gif

Omni Address
13210 Katy Freeway
Houston, Texas 77079

Reservation Instructions
When you call to reserve, you MUST use the confirmation number "TX2K12" and you must tell them it's for the Omni Houston Hotel Westside

Benefits
--Classy hotel
--Nice rooms
--Used to a "loud" crowd (they host a Harley Convention every year)
--Safe part of town
--Lots of parking for rigs/trailers
--Covered parking garage
--Security onsite
--20 to 25 minutes from the track (Lonestar)

Thursday March 15, 2012 - Driver's Education Event at MSR Houston

The road racing/driver's education event for TX2K12 will be held at MSR Houston ([URL="http://www.msrhouston.com/"]www.msrhouston.com[/URL]). This is the same venue we had the TX2K8 and TX2K9 event at.

We will be running the 2.4 mile long circuit:

https://2img.net/h/i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/houstonT/1175805718_T2GQJ-L.jpg

From the host hotel take I-10 East towards Houston. Stay on I-10 east for approximately 4 miles and exit Beltway 8 and travel South (go right). Stay on Beltway 8 for approximately 20 miles until you get to Highway 288. Please note that Beltway 8 is a pay toll. Exit Hwy 288 and travel South. You will stay on 288 for approximately 21 miles. You will go past Hwy 6 and MSR Houston is exactly 13 miles south of Hwy 6 on the left hand side of the highway. Traveling south on Hwy 288, exit SOUTH CR 48 (not to be confused with CR 48). SOUTH CR 48 is right after FM 1462/Rosharon exit - just after you cross the power lines. You can't miss it.

The drive should take you 45 minutes from the host hotel.

[URL="http://www.msrhouston.com/"]www.msrhouston.com[/URL]
1 [URL="http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/259074-tx2k12-official-information-thread.html#"]
Performance
[/URL] Drive
Angleton, TX 77515
281-369-0677

Gates Open: 8:00 am

Mandatory Driver's Meeting: 8:30 am

First Cars On Track: 9:00 am

Cost per Car: $225 via cash, check or MO. If you wish to send me payment, please PM me and I will respond with my address. You can also use paypal...paypal $232 to[EMAIL="pblach@att.net"]pblach@att.net[/EMAIL] (NON REFUNDABLE - however if your plans change you can sell your spot to someone else). No charge for spectators.

Transponder Cost per Car: $50 payable at MSR Houston to me the day of the event
Each driver will get ATLEAST 2 hours of track time...

Classes and Format:
Beginner - if you've never run a road course before or if you feel like you need an instructor in your [URL="http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/259074-tx2k12-official-information-thread.html#"]
car
[/URL] to teach you the track. It will be up to the instructor to allow you to run alone and to decide if you are qualified enough to do so.
Advanced - if you have 3 previous SCCA or other sanctioned body road course/driver's education events under your belt. This class is also for those that would like a transponder and would like to be part of the time attack event.
ALL ADVANCED DRIVER'S WILL NEED TO VOLUNTEER TO INSTRUCT BEGINNERS.

Time Attack Details:
At the end of the day, those who have paid for a transponder (info coming) will have a chance to run the time attack. The fastest 5 [URL="http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/259074-tx2k12-official-information-thread.html#"]
cars
[/URL] will battle it out at the end of the day for the time attack 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies.
OK, I think I've covered everything here, please feel free to post any questions and please get your money in ASAP!!!!

Entrants Paid To Date (1/10/12)
NOTE: If we don't have 35 PAID entrants by 1/15/12 the event will be cancelled. So please, if you plan to run, get your money in early. I wasn't even sure I was going to do a DE event for TX2K12 but due to the interest people still have in DE I have decided to give it a shot. Please get your $ in early!

Saturday and Sunday March 17-18, 2012 - Drags and 60-130 at LMP

Just like last year, the plan will be to have test-n-tune and 2 rounds of qualifying on Saturday. 2 years ago the test-n-tune got rained out and so I'm building in that same buffer for 2012. Best case we will have 2-days of drag racing, worst case, only 1 like in 2010. If by chance rain ruins one of the days, the schedule will change accordingly and will be posted at LMP.
Also, instead of doing a stand-alone 60-130 event, i will have v-boxes available for you to use if you'd like to do some 60-130 runs. This will be available on a first come first serve basis and will be free of charge. The only caveat...you break the box, you buy it. www.6speedonline.com/get/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://images-2.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.6speedonline.com/get/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
120 Old Columbus Road South
Sealy, TX 77474
Phone: 979-877-0922

The track will open at 10:00 am on Saturday morning. The track will go hot at 11:00 am and drag racing will continue until 5:00 pm. The schedule on this day will consist of test-n-tune, 2 rounds of qualifying for the next day’s eliminations and 60-130 runs if you so wish. I am also entertaining the possibility of doing some sort of "roll racing event" at the strip.
Cost: spectators will pay $20 to LMP on Saturday. Racers will be able to purchase a "2-day tech card" on Saturday (NON-REFUNDABLE if you break on Saturday) for $80 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter). If a racer only wants to run on Sunday, the tech cards will be the same price as last year, $45 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter).

Food: concessions will be open all day

Sunday Schedule: the gates will open at 8:00 am and the track will go hot at 9:00 am. From 9:00 am until 4:00 pm we will have 1 round of qualifying and eliminations. Schedule will be as follows:
10:00 am - qualifying pass 1 (test-n-tune after)
12:00 pm - eliminations round 1 (test-n-tune after)
1:30 pm - eliminations round 2 (test-n-tune after)
3:00 pm - eliminations round 3 (test-n-tune after)
4:00 pm - final round eliminations
There will be a dedicated lane for test-n-tune ALL DAY LONG.

DRAG RACING CLASSES

TEST-N-TUNE
The lanes will be open all day for test-n-tune. This is the perfect venue for you to settle your grudges or to simply have the opportunity to run an UNLIMITED number of times!

Street Car Class
This class will be administered by a sponsor that is local to Houston named ARD. They came to me with this idea and I liked it so much, I decided to give it a shot this year! Thank you to Owen Priest and ARD for helping me put this class together. This class can and should include Vettes, Porsche's, Vipers, Supra's, Camaro's, Mustang's, etc...

The rules:
--all entrants will be required to go on a 20-30 mile cruise and will have to stay behind a lead car and in front of an end car...any participant that falls out of that line for any reason during the cruise will be disqualified and entry fee will not be refunded...the cars that fall out can stay and test-n-tune all day...speeds on the cruise will be mostly highway and will be in the 60 mph range...
--the cruise will leave the front gates at Lonestar at 11:30 am...just after qualifying pass 1 and back in enough time to run qualifying pass 2 if wanted
--carpet, both front seats and door panels required
--inspection sticker required (in the state you live in)
--radio that works is required (which means you need speakers too)
--stock suspension required (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations)
--no tire rule
--no [URL="http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/259074-tx2k12-official-information-thread.html#"]
fuel
[/URL] rule
--no power adder rul
[/QUOTE]
Tikiman12
Tikiman12

Back to top Go down

TX2K12  nation wide event    coming March 15th - 18th 2012 Empty Re: TX2K12 nation wide event coming March 15th - 18th 2012

Post by Ariset Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:39 am

They might be doing free dyno testing again this year! If so then im going and I think we all should head out that way!
Ariset
Ariset

Back to top Go down

TX2K12  nation wide event    coming March 15th - 18th 2012 Empty Re: TX2K12 nation wide event coming March 15th - 18th 2012

Post by Tikiman12 Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:41 pm

they always do free dyno pulls. but you have to wait in line and they usually get through about 55 cars. I think you still have to pay the entry fee to get into the race park
Tikiman12
Tikiman12

Back to top Go down

Post by sNICKers Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:49 am

im going !

sNICKers

Back to top Go down

Post by Tikiman12 Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:15 am

sNICKers wrote:im going !

Damn strait you are! If anything just try to go to the Saturday night car meet. its the largest and most amazing meet I've ever been to. It's like the car meets you see in fast and the furious but with real cars lol.

I'll post info on that car meet once they have been announced.

ALSO, check my sig, Thats my logo for this years Tx2K event and I think they are going to use it on all of the branding and shirts
Tikiman12
Tikiman12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down